District Mission Statement
In partnership with families and community, our purpose is to have a learning environment that is safe, nurturing, and student centered where everyone is accountable and all students are empowered to succeed.
Improve Achievement for All Students
Create and Implement a comprehensive curricular framework in all core subject areas for all students.
Develop and support effective instruction that focuses on high performance of all students.
Ensure a safe environment in which all students and staff are accountable.
Prepare all students to be college and career ready.
Ensure Efficient and Effective Operations
All departments will conduct a system analysis of operational processes.
Develop an accountability, monitoring, & reporting structure for all departments and schools.
Ensure Effective Communications
a. Students will be proficient in both reading and math at every grade level.
b. Teachers will successfully incorporate Project Based Learning (PBL) which integrates technology, fine arts,
& college and career readiness standards into the curriculum.
c. Student, Parent, & Community Engagement Rate will increase.
d. District Personnel Retention Rate will increase.
e. Ongoing support, to include professional development and training, for District personnel will be provided.
- A student is the most important person in any school.
- A student is not an interruption of our work- he or she is the purpose of our work.
- A student is not just a statistic. He or she is a flesh- and –blood human being with feelings and emotions like ourselves.
- A student is one who comes to us with needs and/or wants. It is our job to fill them.
- A student is deserving of the most courteous and attentive treatment that we can provide.
- A student is the lifeblood of this and every other district. Without him or her, we would have to close our doors.