Pearsall ISD Trustee Election
Saturday, May 6, 2017
A school district-wide joint election will be conducted on May 6, 2017.
NOTICE OF GENERAL ELECTION
(AVISO DE ELECCION GENERAL)
Positions on the ballot:
- A United States citizen;
- A qualified registered voter in the district;
- At least 18 years of age;
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court;
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- A resident of the district for six months and resident of the state for 12 months before the filing deadline; and
- Satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- Trustees must retain all qualifications while in office.
Applications for candidates to file for a place on the ballot will be available Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at the Pearsall ISD Superintendent’s Office. The completed Application for a Place on the Ballot and Designation of Campaign Treasurer (CTA) are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2017.
These documents should be delivered to Dora E. Rodriguez, Superintendent’s Administrative Assistant, 318 Berry Ranch Road, Pearsall, TX 78061.
January 18: First day to accept candidate application for a place on the ballot.
February 17: 5:00 p.m. - Deadline to file for a place on the ballot.
February 21: 5:00 p.m. – Deadline to file a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy.
February 24: 5:00 p.m. - Last day for a candidate to withdraw from an election.
February 27: Recommended date to conduct ballot position drawing.
April 6: Last day a person may register to vote in the May 6, 2017 election.
April 24: First day of early voting by personal appearance begins at the Pearsall ISD Early Voting Headquarters, 522 E. Florida Street, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- (EXTENDED EV DAYS/HOURS: Monday, April 24 and Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
April 25: Deadline for early voting clerk to receive application for a ballot by mail.
May 2: Last day of early voting by personal appearance.
May 6: Election Day - 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Ted Flores Elementary.
Applications for ballots by mail shall be mailed to:
Pearsall ISD Early Voting Clerk
318 Berry Ranch Rd
Pearsall, TX 78061
Reasons for voting by mail:
If you have questions, please contact:
Dora E. Rodriguez
Supt. Administrative Assistant
830-334-8001 Ext. 1101